Zoom Player Home 13.0 Beta 1
Zoom Player is a in no time media player. before Zoom Player, taking part in media files on the computer was either to a fault simple for the ability User or to a fault cryptic to the common user. Zoom Player tries to each change the playback expertise for the common user, whereas giving the ability Users all the tools and interfaces they'll need to control their playback surroundings to their actual specification.
To that finish, Zoom Player employs a slick and easy computer program, combined with straightforward to access options whereas at constant time providing advanced management dialogs over each feature possible.
Zoom Player was designed from the bottom up to load fast, take as very little system resources as doable, offer user feedback/direction as acceptable and maintain the maximum amount isolation from alternative applications and system elements as to not undermine overall stability.
Zoom Player Home remains Free for Non-Commercial use
# New :
* New media library plug-in system allowing 3rd party developers to create media library categories based on content information provided by the plugin.
* To demonstrate the capabilities of the new media library plug-in system, an open-source project has been created to implement a 'YouTube channel' media library category plugin.
* New subtitle download plug-in system allowing 3rd party developers to create plug-ins that download subtitles for your media library collection.
* To demonstrate the capabilities of the new subtitle download plug-in system, an open-source project has been created to implement an 'OpenSubtitles.org' subtitle download plug-in.
* New YouTube IFRAME (web based) player support, providing official YouTube playback. All YouTube URLs automatically use the new IFRAME player interface. You can disable the IFRAME player support in the options to force Zoom Player to use DirectShow for playback (Adv. Options / Playback > Use YouTube IFRAME video player to play YouTube content).
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) that switches the media library's thumbnail view category list aspect ratio between Album Art (1:1) or Widescreen (16:9).
* New smart play profile for media files encoded with the DNxHD codec.
* New "Please Wait" window that pops when there are operations that are taking a long time (like fetching a YouTube channel's video list).
* The play history now saves media titles, making play history clearer, especially with network streams and media library plugins.
# Changes :
- Pressing the "Open Media Library" button on the media library category editor now opens the media library with the current edited category selected.
- The play history dialog will now display the recently played items first in the list.
- The play history dialog should now open significantly faster(nearly instantly), especially with a play history database of over 10,000 entries.
- The time display on thumbnails used to show videos with a duration of under 10 minutes as "09:30", this have now changed to show "9:30", saving a bit more of the thumbnail area.
- When opening the media library, the last played position for the currently playing media is now updated straight away (previously it would update when the playing media was closed).
- The Open URL function now tries to identify a URL in the windows clipboard. If a valid URL is detected, it automatically filled into the open url dialog, otherwise the last opened URL is shown by default.
# Fixes :
- Fixed a very rare case where opening a media file could trigger a freeze if the background thread that grabs the media's duration was active.
- Play history should now restore position for URL streams.
- Fixed an issue where playing a SHOUTcast/ICEcast streaming station and then restarting Zoom Player would not allow you to resume playing the previous station from the playlist.
- The media library's category list would use the wrong aspect ratio thumbnail in some cases where the active category was password protected.
- Fixed an issue where the media library's path would not show any text at all.
- Accessing the media library's category screen could at times trigger an unnecessary reload of the category's content.
- Open the equalizer without ever opening the playlist editor could trigger a weird state where the equalizer always initially show up docked under the main window.
- Using the backspace key after using the media library's movie jukebox mode's file view now returns to jukebox movie view instead of thumbnail view.
- Adding media entries to the playlist using the media library's function menu did not add the media's title (only the file name/URL).
- The playlist editor's "Add streaming URL" button did not use the newer open URL dialog.
- Opening the fullscreen chapter/bookmark navigation interface did not pause playback when the setting to do so was enabled.
- Ejecting a drive/device while playing a stream would cause the stream playback to stop.
- When the media library is opened and the previously opened folder no longer exists, the media library will try to go up the folder tree to the first parent folder that exists.
- Fixed an issue when OSD messages would not appear if the "Use Exclusive Fullscreen with VMR9 Renderless mode (use with care)" setting was enabled in some cases. This same bug caused screen-refresh issues with some of the fullscreen navigation pages under some conditions.